Manager, Internal Auditing Services – Expression of Interest
- Internal Auditing & Enterprise Risk Management
Provide a strong managerial capability for the existing team so that market-facing leaders can be supported to pursue and win significant opportunities.
- Support all internal audit and information technology (IT) auditors and audit leaders within the practice
- Lead and deliver complex client assignments nationally
- Manage the conduct of internal audits, controls- and compliance reviews and information technology audits and reviews
- Maintain knowledge in a rapidly changing profession, including both internal audit and information technology audit
- Build a personal brand within the field of expertise, to support the Anchoram service offering
- Mentor and train less-experienced staff in multiple locations, to be able to provide solid support on large assignments
- Assist in the delivery of risk assignments to clients e.g. developing and reviewing enterprise-wide Risk Management Frameworks, facilitating risk workshops, developing Risk Appetite Statements etc.
- Support internal audit leadership in the winning of significant assignments. This includes opportunity identification through to proposal submission and winning work
- Lead the effort delivered for most internal audit engagements across the firm nationally, and for all fully-outsourced internal audit clients
- Manage the skill levels of less-experienced staff with a view to growing talent. This means providing on-the-job training and in-service capability assistance, to raise the entire team’s awareness and skill levels
- Provide a focus for internal audit expertise within the firm, so that firm leadership is encouraged to approach directly for assistance
- Build a personal brand with regard to internal audit capability, so that the market respects credentials and capability, and reputation feeds into client referrals
- Develop and build skill capability in risk management to ultimately lead risk engagements.
- Self-starter. Ability to work unassisted and unaided when required. This includes working from a tender brief to scope an assignment and deliver to client expectations
- Managing internal, external and client relationships, as well as ensuring positive feedback by providing exceptional customer service
- Responding to all client queries and correspondence in a timely manner. Time-management skills with an ability to manage competing priorities
- Maintaining a high level of technical and administrative skills commensurate with a high-performing team culture
- Effectively manage workloads within the team, to ensure high standards of client service are maintained
- Consistently provide feedback to the team, to promote a continuous improvement- and learning culture
- Demonstrated ability and capability to grow fees and develop a client base
- Achieving agreed revenue and productivity budgets.
- Business-related baccalaureate degree
- Professional Membership of IIA Australia
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (desirable).
Skills and Experience
- 5 years internal audit & IT audit experience in a professional services context
- Track record of delivering internal audit & IT audit assignments to brand-name organisations
- Ability to identify opportunities and sell internal audit & IT audit value
- Detailed high-level client management skills
- Leadership expertise. High-level written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. High level of attention to detail and proven organisation skills
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to think innovatively
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality outcomes and coordinate workflow / priorities within competing timeframes.
- Access to Anchoram’s panels, corporate memberships, and client relationships
- Visibility into Anchoram Consulting engagements and opportunity pipeline
- Options to switch between contracting and consulting modes of engagement
- Access to firm-sponsored professional and social events
- Negotiable rates depending on available opportunities
- Profit-share options available under the Anchoram Opportunity Owner Scheme
- Flexible location and schedule, depending on contract particulars.